New to triathlon
Where to start?
Read the “New to triathlon” page on the Triathlon Ireland Website. For some more detailed information this document is a good starting point. Further information for beginners can be found at 220 Triathlon.
For anyone who just wants to come along to a Pulse session or three to check out what our sessions are like, please drop in. We are more than happy for anyone interested in joining our club to join us in a training session to get a flavour of what we are all about. All we ask is that after your third session you join the Club. Suitable sessions for you to come along to would be:
- Spin Class in Westpark Fitness, Tallaght, on Wednesday evenings at 8:15pm (Cost is €3). Note that this spin class takes place from September – May approximately, the class does not run during the summer months.
- Club cycle on Saturday mornings – its free – or
- Club run sessions in the Pheonix Park from 10am – its also free!
Please check with the club by dropping an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before attending one of the sessions.
What are the Costs?
Triathlon participation really can be as cheap or as expensive as you like. Your basic needs if you wish to do all three disciplines will be a wetsuit, a bike and helmet, and a pair of runners. Because there is so much to choose from and secondhand availability these basic requirements could be obtained for as little as a couple of hundred euro right up to the cost of a new car! Don’t think that to join you need to have the latest and flashiest gear, it is whatever you are comfortable with. Our club also tries to subsidise costs for some of our training weekends and social events during the year.
If you intend to participate regularly during the year, the following are the likely “ongoing” costs but again it is entirely up to yourself how much you do and consequently how much you pay:
- Obligatory Club Membership for the year – €58 for full membership (see Join Pulse for other types of membership costs),
- Triathlon Ireland Membership for the year – €53 (See Triathlon Ireland for other types of TI membership),
- Pulse specific spin classes – €3 per class,
- Pulse specific swim training :
- 4 Passes for €40 to be used within 4 weeks
- 6 Passes for €60 to be used within 7 weeks
- 10 Passes for €90 to be used within 11 weeks
- 15 Passes for €130 to be used within 16 weeks
- Pulse running in association with Sportsworld Running Club – €50 annual membership – this is an optional cost,
- Pulse club cycles and run sessions in the Phoenix Park are FREE!
- Duathlon and Aquathon races generally cost in the range €10 – €20 per race, and
- Sprint and Olympic races generally range in cost from €40 – €60 per race.
If you have not been frightened off, you can get details of how to join our club on our Join Pulse page. We also have to ask you to join Triathlon Ireland (the national representative/regulatory body) as a full/associate member because by doing so you get insurance cover for our club training sessions and participating in any TI sanctioned races (click here for information regarding TI membership).
Any More Queries?
If you want to find out more about Triathlon and about Pulse please feel free to email us at email@example.com for any further information.