Pulse Junior Triathlon
Sunday 7th October
The Maplewood Pulse Junior Triathlon is a pool-based triathlon for kids / teenagers aged between 6 – 14 years. It is sponsored by Maplewood Residential.
Entry is online only, it will not be possible to purchase entry on the morning of the race.
Note: a parent must first become a site user (free) and register their child before entering any junior event.
Cost of entry is €11 (free to junior members of Pulse Triathlon Club).
For insurance purposes all entrants must physically show a valid Triathlon Ireland Junior Membership Card or a One Day Membership (ODM), at registration on race day. Triathlon Ireland Junior Membership may be purchased on their website here, it costs €6. One Day Membership costs €3, and can be purchased on the Triathlon Ireland website here.
If you have any problems with race entry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Age group distances are as follows:
|6 – 8||40m||2km||400m|
|9 – 10||80m||4km||800m|
|11 – 12||120m||6km||1200m|
|13 – 14||160m||8km||1600m|
All participants must be able to swim unaided.
The swim takes place in Westpark Fitness, Tallaght followed by a bike stage in the adjoining Bancroft Park, and finishing with a run on Tallaght Athletics Club Track. Course maps are shown at the bottom of this page.
Pre-race registration will take place in Cycle SuperStore, Tallaght, on Saturday 6th October.
Parking on the day of the event will be available in the Westpark Fitness overflow car park in St. Mary’s School, beside the fitness centre. Pulse marshals will be on hand to direct you to a parking place.
The race schedule is as follows:
Saturday 6th October
- Time TBC: Pre-race registration at Cycle SuperStore, Tallaght.
Sunday 7th October
- 07:00 – 8:15: Limited race registration at Westpark Fitness
- 09:00: Race start at Westpark Fitness.
- Race wave order will be by age-group, starting with 13-14 yrs and proceeding in descending order of age group after that.
- 11:00 (approx.): Race finish and prize-giving.
What to bring:
Participants will need the following:
- a swim suit or a triathlon suit,
- swim goggles,
- a towel,
- a t-shirt/top for the bike and run stages,
- bike in good working order (we will do a basic safety check on each bike),
- bike helmet,
- proof of age,
- a valid Triathlon Ireland Membership Card or a One Day Membership (ODM).