We currently hold four weekly run sessions, each designed to focus on a different aspect of run fitness:
- On Saturday mornings, there’s a choice of two aerobic sessions:
- You can join a group run in the Phoenix Park. This session is conducted at conversational pace and is designed to build and develop an aerobic base. From time to time this session becomes a trail run in the Dublin Mountains.
- A slightly faster paced session at the parkrun in Tymon Park.
- Monday evenings, it’s hill repeats. The focus here is on developing off-season leg strength and improving running form.
- Finally, there’s the Wednesday evening track session at Tallaght Athletics Track. This consists of run intervals conducted at, or just below, lactate threshold pace, and focuses on stamina and working the higher end of the aerobic system; run drills are also used for warm-up and technique enhancement.