NOT A MEMBER YET?
Whether you're a complete beginner or you're pushing for podiums, Pulse Triathlon Club is for you. Pulse has over 200 members both young and old and we all had to make that first step, so what's your excuse?
Find Out More
IRONMAN Cork - a race for the ages
Training & Events
Monday, July 22nd 2019
Open Water Swimming
TIME: 18:45 - 20:00
LOCATION: Killiney Beach (Map
There is no better way to prepare yourself for open water racing than getting into the sea. Our open water swim sessions take place on Monday evenings at Killiney Beach in South Dublin. The session will be coached again this year by Ocean Breakers.
Meet at 6:45 pm in Killiney Beach Car Park
(on Station Road close to Killiney Train Station). The session starts at 7 pm.
Safety is paramount, so we ask all participants to adhere to the following:
- Anyone who takes part must be able to swim a minimum of 200m without stopping, and also be able to tread water.
- Any people new to Pulse, new to open water swimming, or who are nervous swimmers, should make themselves known to the coaches before entering the water.
- Everyone must use the buddy system when swimming. This entails pairing off with another swimmer (or pair of swimmers) of similar swimming ability. Each buddy is responsible for the other. If a buddy needs to leave the water for any reason their buddy must also leave until both are ready to return.
- There will be a briefing at the start of each session where we will go through safety procedures – all swimmers must attend this every week.
- There will be a sign in / out sheet. You must sign yourself in and out of the water.
- We will have 2 safety kayakers and a land marshal in addition to the coaches at each session. Please follow any instructions that they give.
The following documents outline the resposibilities of swimmers, land marshals, and safety kayakers. Please review these before each session so that you are aware of your role in ensuring a safe swim.
In parallel to the weekly open water training, there will be an open water swim time trial series. This will take place on the following dates:
- 18th June: 750m time-trial
- 23rd July: 1 km time-trial
- 10th September: 1.5 km time-trial
The 10th of September will also be the last open water session for 2018, and will also host the customary Bake-off competition.
If you have have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim Time Trial (1000m)
TIME: 19:00 - 19:45
Pulse Triathlon Club: swimming, cycling, running and socialising since 2003